Monday, 25 April 2016

Keeping the Dream Alive



This blog post will highlight five ways in which I have kept the dream alive of owning and operating my own business. It is my hope that they help you too in your journey as an entrepreneur.

1. I am constantly upgrading myself. I read a lot of entrepreneurial materials on the internet and even subscribe to some business magazines. Additionally I still attend University after having completed a first degree to ensure I have an edge in terms of education.

2. I attend small business seminars to see which direction the industry is moving. These seminars are also good for networking and meeting new people whom I can share ideas with.

3. I keep in touch with other entrepreneur friends and we share information on how our businesses are progressing. It does not matter whether your friends are in other types of business, because the moral support goes a long way. For example I have a friend that owns a food catering company while another owns an event management business and when we meet to talk, I learn a lot from them.

4. In upgrading myself, I wanted to be as business-like as possible and decided to have business call cards printed to hand out to my clients. These are inexpensive and is handy to give out to people you may meet while travelling that may become potential clients for your business.

5. In order to keep the dream alive, it is important to give back to the community and ensure my business succeeds so I can pass it along to my children. Giving out stationeries to school children in preschools and primary schools just before the new school year begins is a good way of maintaining community relationships. I one day hope to train groups of community secondary school students in how to start up their own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment